- If we were kind caring and considerate we wouldn't need cycle lanes. Wouldn't need a lot of things if we all displayed these attributes.
* Heretaunga intermediate pupils need to use new cycle lanes and keep off the footpaths. They ride up behind you then swerve around and frighten the living daylights out of you. This happens every day. Thought it was against the law to ride on footpath. Never a cop when you need one. LV
* New cycle lanes Pakowhai Rd are appalling for main road. Was bad enough before. Where do we drive now? - The footpath. JS
* These so called cycle friendly lanes are a waste of time and money. Most times I see cyclist using the footpath and in the middle of the road.
* Kahui book How can the mother of the Kahui twins think it's OK to pen a book about this tragedy when the inquest is still going on. Shameful.
* If you know who murdered the twins Macyna tell the court out loud. Any one can write a book true or not. There will only be sympathy for the twins.
* To JHW: Yes it sure is disgusting smelling that polluted smoke. Maybe when they get emphysema through smoking it might sink in to think about others or those reading this will think again. WF
* I thought the hospital grounds were smoke free. I've had to visit the hospital a number of times and there are always people sitting out side the main door puffing away. Have some respect people. If you can't get out to the road to have a puff don't you think you should have ago at giving up? NLR
* Politicians: Over-night to sort their gold super-annuation. Two weeks to cut workers rights for the Hobbit. Forever to deal to Kronic. We don't matter!
* All the money spent on walkways. Please do something with the popular one around Park Island it's a very slippery mess. IAN H.
* The Pike River Mine should be treated as a crime scene. The NZ Police should be down there recovering the victims and establishing what really happened. SF
* Re SMG: The Mob do not run Hastings and if you feel that then why don't you do something about it! I'm pretty confident that if that's how the police and council felt then the situation would have been dealt with a long time ago. As for Mafia connections? Unbelievable! DKH.
* Hey SGM- the mob does not run Hastings, they can't even run themselves. AJE.
* To the thugs who stole my garden chair and smashed it on the lamppost on Te Mata Rd - you ruined my day. Don't you have anything better to do?
* With regard to drinking fountains at walkways they are great and with a little thought and modification our dogs could slake their thirst as well. Not keen on sharing with a dog as l see some owners letting their dogs drink from them.
* Why must we walk on the roads in Napier? Because of all the glass on the footpath. Kennedy Rd is really bad for this. St Pat's on footpath in Riverbend Rd is a disaster as well. You may not care about dogs but not all kids wear shoes. Can I send my vet bill to Napier City Council? BJ
* Great planning, four weeks disruption for Stortford Lodge road works, so they dig up lights on Orchard Rd/ Southampton St alternative route!
* Thank you, thank you Napier RSA and Royal NZ Navy Association For an excellent meal. A lot of effort for a $3 meal, will look forward to next one I believe in August. Thank you. PS I am 84 years young.
* Fran Lowe, your letter re 'heavy drinking being a Kiwi way of life' is spot on. We need to act now. Enough is enough. I will be writing to MPs quoting much of what was in your letter. Thanks for your inspiration. ES
* So pleased that Garth McVicar was on the list that people can trust. We trusted him when we had a tragedy in our family. Garth was our rock. So the people who mock him I do hope you never need Garth's help one day.
* Tomato prices: I was under the impression most were sent to Australia hence a high price for us to pay. Need to have greens instead, a lot cheaper!
* Why are school teachers, both primary and secondary, allowed to use God's name as an expression or curse word in front of students with no respect for their beliefs?
* Christchurch should do what is the norm in Australia . Buy a large farm, build a giant Westfield shopping centre. Bang in streets and sections with power, water, broadband etc etc and even estate living . People will buy and build around it.
* Climate change fanatic Al Gore is at it again. Accusing Obama of not acting decisively on climate change. Is this the same guy with a house by the sea and lights on all night? The reason Obama won't defend climate science is because Obama has high IQ. He knows the science is flawed and fraudulent.
* 0n friday June 24 I decided to go out with some friends. We had a sober driver and decided to take some liquor with us to drink after but didn't get to drink it because the cops thought that they would take it out of our car. Who do they think they are? I would understand if I was drinking in public, but this was in the privacy of our car and that is theft. They shouldn't be allowed to do that at all.
* Seen roadmarkers washing a lot of green paint down our storm water drain on Heretaunga St. Is that even allowed? FS
* Good on Gisborne people for protesting off shore drilling. Hi dad. C. Smith, Taradale.